In 2022, leaked internal data from Google revealed impressive compensation packages for their employees. The median total compensation for Google employees that year was $279,802 (Rs 2.30 crore), making tech jobs at the company highly lucrative. Among various positions, software engineers emerged as the highest-paid professionals, with a maximum base salary of $718,000. The leaked data came from an internal spreadsheet shared among Google employees, which covered over 12,000 US workers, including software engineers, business analysts, and salespeople.
While software engineers claimed the top spot for base salary, maximum equity, and bonuses, other positions across engineering, business, and sales at Google also enjoyed six-figure base salaries. The company’s compensation structure went beyond base salaries, encompassing options and bonuses. Notably, software engineers could obtain a maximum equity of $1.5 million in 2022.
When compared to other tech giants in 2022, Google’s median base pay was slightly lower than Meta’s ($296,320). However, it surpassed the median base salaries at Salesforce ($199,130) and Adobe ($170,679), according to data analyzed by The Wall Street Journal and collected by MyLogIQ.
Here are the top 10 highest base salaries at Google for 2022 across all industries, as reported by Insider’s exclusive data on US full-time employees. It’s important to note that this data doesn’t include salaries from Alphabet’s Other Bets ventures, such as Waymo and Verily. Additionally, not all employees disclosed their equity and bonus data.
- Software Engineer: $718,000 (Rs 5.90 crore)
- Engineering Manager (Software Engineering): $400,000 (Rs 3.28 crore)
- Enterprise Direct Sales: $377,000 (Rs 3.09 crore)
- Legal Corporate Counsel: $320,000 (Rs 2.62 crore)
- Sales Strategy: $320,000 (Rs 2.62 crore)
- UX Design: $315,000 (Rs 2.58 crore)
- Government Affairs & Public Policy: $312,000 (Rs 2.56 crore)
- Research Scientist: $309,000 (Rs 2.53 crore)
- Cloud Sales: $302,000 (Rs 2.47 crore)
- Program Manager: $300,000 (Rs 2.46 crore)
- These figures offer a glimpse into the highly competitive and rewarding compensation structure that Google provides to attract and retain top talent in the tech industry.